Senior Planning Manager – Retail
| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product retail company that is a global, destination retailer that has been established for over 100 years.
This is a new vacancy for a Central Planning Manager position which reports into the Planning Director. This is a central function role where the objective of the position will be to implement the top-line inventory budgets to ensure that profit and stock management KPI’s are delivered in line with the company strategy.
The responsibilities of this Senior Planning Manager position include –
- To devise an inventory budget
- Looking at your annual operations planning
- To manage and develop trade and promotional plans
- Review product performance and inventory turns against budget targets.
- Ensure that each category is adequately represented at each store at all times at a macro level.
- OTB Management across categories
- Monitor product pricing strategy
- Generate and analyse inventory and sales reports to understand relevant trends
- To meet the overall business and produce category sales & budgets.
- Implementing a long-term strategic trade plan.
- Working alongside & cross functionally within the Buying, Merchandising & Marketing teams.
- Continual review of sales performance and KPI’s, highlighting risks and opportunities for sales growth
To be successful in this Senior Planning Manager position –
- You must have come from a Category, Planning or Merchandising Manager position where you have operations at a strategic management or Head of level.
- You must have gained the experience within a highstreet, fashion or multi-product retail environment.
- You must have worked for retailer with a high SKU count so department stores, non-food, fashion or beauty will all be considered
- You must have a track record of successful of delivering on OTB budgets regarding sales, stock and margins.
- Extensive experience of forecasting, setting targets and budgeting
- Data analysis skills and advance excel skills
- Knowledge of best practice principles and processes
- This is a position that needs to be filled fairly soon so ideally looking for someone to start within 8 weeks.
The benefits included in this Senior Planning Manager position include-
- Bonus potential
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private healthcare
- Season ticket loan
- Contributory pension
- Staff discount
If this role sounds like you and you have the right planning, forecasting and budgeting skills for this position, please send your cv quoting the reference JO-1911-107326
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.