Senior Merchandiser – Bath
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are working with a unique retail business based in the Bath location!
Your role will be working under the Head of Merchandising where you will look to maximise sales and margin targets across your channel. Here you will be managing a team and deliver the planning and forecasting plans and be influential in implementing change to achieve the wider company goals & objectives.
Key accountabilities as a Senior Merchandiser include:
Reporting to the Head of Buying and Merchandising
· Pre-season analysis of KPIs – assessing sales, margin, stock and returns form top line and detailed product view to carry out range planning
· Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
· Budgeting and promotion planning
· Lead and manage a high performing team and identify promotional and performance issues
· Review weekly trading performance and identifying Issues and the course of action in preparation for the weekly trading meetings
· Forecasting any sales variance to plan
· Monitor trading channels to trade stock effectively through the selling channel.
· Adhere to the Merchandise Calendar delivery plans and forecast as required
· Communicate trading issues and forecasts with proposed actions to the Head of Buying and Merchandising and the Buyers
· In conjunction with the Trading team agree the promotional and marketing plans, optimising sales and profit
· In conjunction with the Buying team negotiate and manage the recovery of supplier contribution
To be successful in this Senior Merchandiser vacancy:
· A minimum of 3 years spent as an Established Merchandising, Senior Merchandising or Merch Manager.
· Have financial planning and strategy experience
· Has experience in multi-channel environment
· Experience of running all aspects of planning, forecasting and trading
· Have driven trading calendar & management of markdown spend within budget
· Accountable for OTB management for the division.
· Have managed MAA, Assistant & Junior Merchandise level
· Coach and develop any junior members of your team, creating a high-performance culture across the business
· Online experience
· Commercial awareness
· WSSI management experience
As Senior Merchandiser, you will receive a competitive salary, and other benefits. If you are interested in this job opportunity & have the correct skillset, please apply with your up to date CV today quoting JO-1901-105751.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.