| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product company that is a mixed-goods, destination retailer that has been established for over 150 years.
This retailer has 20 established sites in the UK & are looking for a Senior Merchandiser to join the team. This role consists of delivering the planning strategy and to contribute to the strategic growth of Buying and Merchandising.
Responsibilities as a Senior Merchandiser are:
- Prepare all markdown activity reporting template to get approvals,
- Work with stores to manage inventory to maximise availability and minimise overstock,
- To plan sales, margin, stock and markdown budgets for all the company’s UK stores,
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance both customers’ expectations and company’s strategy
- Define the exit strategy for discontinued stock while ensuring the margin budgets are achieved
- Monitor the performance of products within each defined category portfolio to give full visibility of product shortage, overstock, slow moving/obsolete stock and stock turnover.
- Take action on slow selling stock to ensure that discontinued stock targets are met,
Experience needed as a Senior Merchandiser:
- You must be an Establish Merchandiser, Senior Merchandiser or Merchandise Manager .
- They are open to category but the business has a high number of SKU levels.
- Backgrounds that are suitable include Home, Electricals, Toys, Fashion or Department stores.
- You need to be flexible to travel to work 1 or 2 days in their office in central Scotland (expenses paid) .The rest of the time can spend at a Store (closer by) or a homebased.
- Strong Excel skills and have had experience within merchandising management systems
- Have managed at least at an Assistant Merchandiser level
- Have had experience working within a fast retailer
- Good organisation skills and strong communication skills
This is a unique opportunity to add value to one the leading retailers in their field with a business that has recent investment. The roles comes with pension, holiday allowance and staff discount. If this sound like you please apply quoting the reference JO-2002-107823.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.