| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with This FMCG retailer who is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer to manage and develop a commercial product category.
The roles and responsibilities of this Senior Buyer role –
- Structure, manage and develop each category allocated, in line with corporate policy
- Development of Buying Assistants to support on the category.
- Manage range, promotions, trading terms and cost pricing.
- Ensure key KPI requirements are met such as margin, profit and stock management.
- Maintain retail prices within the categories within the company pricing policy.
- Negotiate additional income such as overriding discounts, promotional margins and advertising support to predetermined budgets.
- Review and report on results of every category, on a monthly basis.
- Monitor statistical data and verify financial accruals monthly.
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range.
- Attaining customers’ feedback from customers and the Insight team.
- Drive sales and profit in line with operating plan budgets.
- Maintain sales and profit according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan.
To be successful in this Senior Buyer position you must have –
- 4-5 years+ of Category Management or Buying experience within a branded retail, eCommerce, wholesale or purchasing group.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in food or FMCG retail (desirable but not essential).
- Experienced negotiation techniques & excellent commercial and financial management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Excellent communication at all levels & maintain and develop key supplier relationships.
Benefits of this Senior Buyer role –
- Life Assurance.
- Flexible working currently (back in the office September/October onwards).
- Free parking.
- 25 days holiday.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, established retail business. If you feel that you have the Category or Buying experience please apply today quoting the reference JO-2107-109276.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.