Senior Buyer – Ironmongery
| | |
Quest Search and Selection are currently partnering with this omnichannel B2B & B2C Hardware retail & merchants and have been established for over 80 years.
In this Senior Buyer role, you will manage, lead and be accountable for designated product categories and vendors; developing and implementing strategies to maximise sales, margin and stock turn.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements for this Senior Buyer position –
- Previous category management or buying experience in ironmongery/decorative categories, ideally with paint or paint-related categories.
- Ability to build and review the customer proposition, product, range, and price architecture to develop category and brand strategies
- Managing the pricing architecture and making the best use of internal discount groups and customer terms opportunities.
- Understanding customer needs, getting regular feedback
- Working closely with branches to drive category growth achieving successful launch or re-launch of product categories
- Manage and constantly review the vendor base, build relationships with new and existing suppliers, negotiate trading packages
- Work closely with the Stock department to develop plans to optimise stock availability
- Manage the product life cycle of the product offer across all channels
- Work closely with Marketing and Merchandising teams to develop promotional plans and design in-branch presentations and layouts
Benefits that come along with this Senior Buyer position –
- Company Car
- Contributory Pension
- Flexible working and paid overnight stay if not local (2 days in office)
This is a great opportunity to have a step up in your career to be with an omnichannel retailer. If this role sounds like you, please send your CV details quoting reference no. JO-2112-109717
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.