Senior Buyer – Homewares
| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with one of the fastest growing fashion & homewares retailers in Europe. The position is based out of their regional office in Poland and it is to be part of their growth across eastern & western Europe, where they continue to build on their store portfolio.
This role is to report into the Head of Buying and work within their Homewares category.
Responsibilities as a Senior Buyer role :
- Regularly review ranges against competitors to ensure products/ranges meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure strong commercial terms are agreed
- Lead and inspire team to deliver collaboratively.
- Lead the development of all new products and sourcing of new products via the Far-East and Asia.
- Accountable for owning, developing, and driving the Retail Product Range to exceed sales and profit budgets.
- Oversee the delivery of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports
- Accountable for monitoring and reviewing category and range performances against financial objectives;
To be successful in this Senior Buyer position –
- You must have at least Junior/Buyer or Senior Buyer experience
- It is essential you have category experience within Home, Dinning, Tabletop or Cookshop.
- Have experience in managing multi-channels
- Have worked with selection buying and sourcing from suppliers (Far-East, Asia and Europe)
- Responsible for the delivery of key commercial KPIs including P&L & margins.
- Exceptional communication skills – being able to quickly build rapport, engage and inspire stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate exceptional negotiation skills with suppliers
- Strong leadership skills that naturally upskills teams and drives performance.
- Is motivated by results and delivering.
- Can work in a fast-paced value operation
- You must be open to relocation to be based in Poznan (if not located there already). Polish speak is desirable but not essential
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing retailer in this cautious market. It will also provide a new lifestyle and career opportunity that you may not be able to attain in the UK.
The roles come with relocation assistance, pension, holiday allowance and staff discount. If this sound like you, please apply quoting the reference JO-2009-108270 .
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.