Senior Buyer / Head of Buying – Homewares
| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product company that is a mixed-goods, destination retailer that has been established for over 150 years.
This retailer has 20 established sites in the UK & are looking for a Senior Buyer to join the team. This role consists of delivering the planning strategy and to contribute to the strategic growth of Buying and Merchandising.
This role would suit an experienced Senior Buyer / Buying Manager and have experience with home, accessories, lifestyle, cookshop or soft furnishings. The candidate would ideally have experience in managing multi-channel categories and responsible for the delivery of key commercial KPIs including Managing the supplier relationships, P&L, Margin.
Responsibilities as a Senior Buyer /Buying Manager :
- regularly review ranges against competitors to ensure products/ranges meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure strong commercial terms are agreed whilst effectively managing your P&L.
- Lead and inspire team to deliver collaboratively.
- Raise the profile of the category internally, showcasing best in class retail buying skills
- Lead a team of Buyers and Assistant Buyers
- Lead the development of all new products
- Accountable for owning, developing and driving the Retail Product Range to exceed sales and profit budgets.
- Oversee the delivery of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports
- Responsible for delivering the agreed profitability across categories.
- Accountable for monitoring and reviewing category and range performances against financial objectives;
- Prepare and agree the annual budget and KPIs in close partnership adherence to OTB practices and process.
To be successful in this Senior Buyer /Buying Manager position –
Category or Buying experience as a management or Head of level ideally in a non-food, gifting or homewares background
- Exceptional communication skills – being able to quickly build rapport, engage and inspire stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate exceptional negotiation skills with suppliers
- Strong leadership skills that naturally upskills team and drives performance.
- Is motivated by results and delivering.
- Have worked with selection buying or sourcing from suppliers (Far-East, Asia and Europe) and range management
- You need to be flexible to travel to work 4 days in their office in central Scotland (expenses paid). The rest of the time can spend at a Store (closer by) or be homebased.
- Being able to lead weekly trade meeting and understanding the sales reports.
- Deliver all buying processes and procedures and ensure these are followed by the team.
- Ensure strong supplier relationships exist for long-term collaboration and high service levels.
This is a unique opportunity to add value to one the leading retailers in their field with a business that has recent investment. The roles comes with pension, holiday allowance and staff discount. If this sound like you please apply quoting the reference JO-2002-107824.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.