Senior Buyer – General Merchandise
| | |
Quest Search & Selection is proudly partnering with this global multi-brand business which has been established for over 100 years and has over 200 stores globally and growing.
The main purpose of this Branded Senior Buyer role is to manage the trading activities and select a range for the international Franchises that will deliver maximum sales and profitability for the range and customer offering.
The roles and responsibilities for this Senior Buyer role –
- You will have buying responsibility for categories across branded GM, Tech, Electrical, and Accessories for the franchise and joint-venture stores
- This category includes pens, paper, paint, stationery, pencil cases, adhesives, etc
- You will be responsible for selecting and developing profitable new ranges for upcoming seasons
- Lead and develop an innovative range of marketing plans around the categories
- Manage supplier relationships and negotiate reductions in costs of goods sold, first to market, and supplier incomes.
- Overall effective supply chain and cost management
- Keep abreast of international market trends, customer requirements, and competitor activity thus identifying market opportunities
- Using data and upcoming trends you will generate new ideas on how to grow YOY sales, and margin to deliver an effective category plan.
- Conduct range reviews and undertake the continuous improvement of the product offer through effective range analysis
- Managing performance of products within budget.
To be successful in this Senior Buyer role –
- You’ll be an experienced Buyer, Category Manager, or Senior Buyer level and have bought branded product ranges within General Merchandise
- Have worked in a Franchise, International, or JV capacity is desirable
- Must have worked with Branded products
- Lead and develop an innovative range of marketing plans to suit the specific markets
- A head for figures, as this area is data-driven.
- Has expertise knowledge of revenue, sales, margin, and promotional income.
- P&L Management experience
The Benefits of this Senior Buyer role –
- 25 days Holidays
- Car Allowance
- Flexible working (on average 3 days in the office)
- Staff discounts and other incentives
The role will appeal to someone who wants to gain experience within a fast-growing and ambitious business, where their people are their biggest asset! If this role sounds like you then please send your cv today, quoting the reference JO-2204-110073
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.