Senior Assistant Buyer – Newspapers & Magazines
| | |
Quest Search & Selection is proudly partnering with this global multi-brand brand which has been established for over 100 years and employs 7,000 people across different locations in the UK, Ireland, and globally.
The main purpose of this Senior Assistant Buyer role is to manage the trading activities and Profit and Loss for the category and to deliver maximum sales and profitability for the category to determine the customer offer and manage the trading activities.
The roles and responsibilities for the Senior Assistant Buyer role –
- You will have buying responsibility for categories across branded and own-label categories.
- this category is for newspapers, magazines, and seasonal annuals
- You will be responsible for selecting and developing profitable new ranges for upcoming seasons.
- Using data and upcoming trends you will generate new ideas on how to grow YOY sales, margin, and income to deliver an effective and profitable category plan.
- Working closely with the supply chain teams to ensure in-store availability is optimized
- Managing performance of products within budget.
- Utilizing your analytical data to deliver reports for trade meetings
- Promotion planning to keep us one step ahead of their competition
To be successful in this Senior Assistant Buyer role –
- You’ll be an experienced Senior Assistant Buyer, Assistant Buyer, or Junior Buyer within the Retail.
- Ideally has experience in Stationery, Toys, Food, Gifts, Impulse Buys, Books & Magazines
- Suits someone who is creative for new products but also commercial regarding dealing with large suppliers
- Ahead for figures, as this area is data-driven.
- Knowledge of Profit & Loss and supplier management is essential
- Strong numerical & analytical skill-set
The Benefits of this Senior Assistant Buyer role –
- 25 days Holidays
- Flexible working (on average 3 days in the office)
- Staff discounts and other incentives
The role will appeal to someone who wants to gain experience within a fast-growing and ambitious business, where their people are their biggest asset! If this role sounds like you then please send your cv today, quoting the reference JO-2203-110050.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.