Quality Assurance Technician – Home/Toys/Hardlines
| | |
Quest Search and Selection are proud to partnering with a non-fashion heritage retail brand, who are looking for a Quality Technician. This company has been established in the UK for over 150 years and is proud to have over 100 stores in UK and globally.
To be successful in this Quality Assurance Technician role you will Work closely with the global QA team & Test Laboratoires to ensure all products for the client are safe and comply with all legal standards.
- You will work alongside product developers, retail teams, suppliers, trading and supply chain to produce high standard products that are within your stipulated guidelines.
- Assist with investigations on compliance issues to identify the root cause of the issue and implement clear action plans.
- Monitor quality into UK/EU from all suppliers
- Work with global QA team to ensure all necessary testing and compliance documentation received for all products before shipment
- Maintain Technical Files, including test reports, sealing forms, photographs and any relevant correspondence.
- Approve Inspections and Shipments from UK & EU Suppliers.
- Review audits from UK & EU Suppliers.
- Work closely with the Global Product Team to ensure product reaches the business for launch dates.
- Arrange for Franchise samples requirements with the Hong Kong QA Team.
- Support with UK & EU supplied product artwork including global labelling requirements and Instruction Manuals.
- Monthly/Quarterly reporting for Environmental Legislation including WEEE and Waste Packaging and budgets.
To be right person for this Quality Assurance Technician role you will need to:
- Operating as a Technician or Assistant / Manager level within another retailer or brand
- Knowledge of own brand product development process, including risk assessments & test requirements
- An understanding of Hardwares/Homewares/Electrical or Toy Safety Directives
- Able to collaborate, manage, develop and strengthen relationships with key suppliers and the HK sourcing office.
- Previous experience in a retail or supplier environment
- Effectively work towards deadlines
- Work independently with effective time management,
Benefits of this Quality Assurance Technician position –
- 22 days holidays (pro rata)
- Central London office (working 1-2 days in the office )
- This is a part-time 3 days a week role.
- Travel loan
- Exposure on an international level
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and are enthusiastic about this role and a working for a great brand, please apply now quoting the reference JO-2107-109318.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.