Purchasing Manager – Retail DIY
| | |
RELOCATION OPPORTUNITY!!! Quest Search & Selection are proud to represent one of the leading DIY & Home Improvement businesses in Malta and are looking for people with expertise knowledge who are open to relocation! This retailer offers a range of tools, ironmongery, and building materials to home goods, wall décor, crafts & gardening /outdoor furniture.
In this Purchasing Manager is with the purchasing and procurement of everything that is needed for the retail store, GNFR including fixture, fittings, till systems, uniform etc
The roles and responsibilities of this Purchasing Manager – Retail DIY –
- Keeps up to date on the company’s needs in order to order supplies when they are necessary
- Review and develop new robust processes and procedures
- Focused on the buying strategy in line with market requirements.
- Performs comparison shopping and negotiations to secure lower prices on materials the company needs
- Operates as a key member of a purchasing team
- Highly analytical and can prepare reports and communicate with management & the senior leadership team
- Keeps an eye on inventory and makes orders or puts a hold on automatic orders if on-hand supplies call for doing so
- Build and develop supplier relationships with new and existing supplier and looking at terms of business
To be successful in this Purchasing Manager – Retail DIY –
- Have at least 5 years’ experience within a purchasing or procurement background
- experience in Home Improvement Retail with similar roles excellent analytical, communication and networking skills
- You must have experience of leading a small team
- Uses a keen understanding of the industry to know which supplies are most important and where to look for reliable, reasonably priced suppliers
- Works well under tight deadlines
- Negotiates faster-than-usual delivery of needed items so the company’s operations go uninterrupte
If successful for this Purchasing Manager – Retail DIY –
- 27 Holiday entitlement + 14 days Bank holidays
- Store & Company Discount
- Flight over to the Island
- Assistance with finding a property / share
- Malta offers a great lifestyle and way of living!
- Healthcare system open to all
- Multilingual country
- World’s 2nd safest country
- Booming economy & stable property market
- Reasonable Tax
If this sounds like you and you have their expertise knowledge and open to relocation. please send your cv details today quoting the reference JO-2109-109447.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.