Procurement Buyer – Food
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are partnering with this leading supply chain & food procurement organisation based in the UK. Their clients will include foodservice sites and hospitality partners who would purchase food, ingredients and everything in-between! This business work closely with their clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and offering a unique purchasing power as their suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to local providers.
The responsibilities of this Procurement Buyer vacancy –
- To assist the Category Lead to proactively manage the supply base to drive buying efficiencies.
- To work closely with existing clients to identify and understand their business requirements.
- Help provide strategic ideas to ensure profit and growth across category
- Rationalising both products and supply base, delivering value to the business
- Ensure the day to day management with suppliers and contract listings
- Maximise the best commercial results for the business
- proactively provide insight to long term potential sourcing strategies
- Dealing with any suppliers & management enquiries
- To work collaboratively with the Supply Chain team
- To review alongside the Category Lead the supplier agreements and terms
- Assist on ad-hoc projects
- To develop strong relationships both internal and external stakeholders.
The experience required for this Procurement Buyer position –
- You mush have head office experience with Buying, Supply Cain Purchasing or Procurement experience within a foodservice, manufacturing or retail head office environment
- Experience within Chilled or Fresh categories are desirable but other categories such as grocery, produce or ambient will be considered too!
- Have worked directly with various suppliers and/or client partners
- You must be able to show examples of how you have driven commercials to increase profit and growth across a category
- Has or working towards CIPS is ideal but not essential
- You must be a Graduate calibre
- You must be a good communicator that is confident to deal with internal stakeholder including stakeholders from their holding company and external clients.
- Analytical in your approach and be able to happy to deal with trading reports
- Intermediate to Advance Excel skillset
What is in it for you if successful in this Procurement Buyer role –
This is a great opportunity to work for a £Billion industry with growth for the right calibre individual who are on their upward trajectory within their new buying or procurement career. In addition to the support & training, they offer –
- bonus potential
- flexible working (including working from home)
- 25 days holidays.
If this sounds like you, please apply today quoting the reference JO-1911-107294/A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.