Placement – Journalism (1 year)
| | |
Our client is a leading online source of news stories in and around the retail industry. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a 12 month placement student (an undergraduate) to gain some valuable work experience within the online publishing industry working with our team of journalists and writers in Central London.
They are looking to appoint a Media, Journalism or Communications undergraduate who seeks a 1 year placement as part of their degree.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in all aspects of online news publishing. They are looking for highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic writer with the desire to learn and real commercial curiosity. You must have a positive attitude, good creativity, strong online skills and a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
You will get invaluable experience, on the job training and an opportunity to regularly publish your writing.
The placement position will be involved in: –
– News Coverage – producing comprehensive and high quality copy on a daily basis, often with tight deadlines
– Configuring and setting up daily Newsletters and e-shots
– Providing holiday cover for individual journalists
– Gathering industry knowledge through research to write in-depth features
– Social Media – you will manage and promote various social media accounts
– Attending industry events
– Sourcing and then interviewing key industry figures
– Working to planned hours – some week’s you will do the early morning shift where your day is 6am to 3pm.
– Social media
– General Admin – but very little making tea, coffee or photocopying!
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.