| | |
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of our clients, for a contract PHP Developer to join their Development team and help to revolutionise their platform. The successful PHP Developer will be working closely with the Web Developers and Designer’s to ensure the website and applications are built as specified also liaising with the UAT co-ordinator to test their server-side code.
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features
- Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Website Developers, with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of code for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business
- Building and modification of API’s to enable system integration
- Reporting on development releases monthly
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Be actively involved in company projects, to ensure the Development function is actively
Key skills required;
- Candidates must be fully conversant in PHP development
- Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
- Candidates must be fully conversant with MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
- Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, Json etc.) essential
- A knowledge of application security is desirable (preferred experience with PCI DSS compliant systems)
- Basic Unix command line knowledge essential
- Experience working with GIT
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.