Partnerships Category Manager
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with a fast growing start up hiring for a Partnerships Category Manager. This is a fast growing business and requires results driven individuals with a solid sales track record.
The role requires a Sales oriented Business Development Manager, who has a solid track record of building relations with SME Food businesses i.e Cafes, Bakeries, delicatessen etc…
This Partnerships Category Manager role is about driving the core product assortment focusing on niche local suppliers. You will find partners from local areas, assessing demand for goods, negotiating prices and ensuring customer demand is fulfilled.
The responsibilities include:
- Reporting into the Head of Buying and assisting in determining which products to buy from suppliers/partners and ensuring the quanitities match customer demands
- Understanding what the customer wants and needs & analysing the market by using data and customer insights lead negotiating contracts and supplier agreements
- Category Management: plan & execute the assortment strategy covering a range of SKUs and suppliers.
- Improve assortment with focus on local products and partners
- Ensure product quality and a curated portfolio with alternatives to assortment classics
- Learn and analyse trends around customer behaviours
- Work closely with Demand & Supply Planners to identify key consumer trends in our business
- Drive sales and profit in line with operating plan budgets
The Skills and Experience Required
To be successful in the Partnerships Category Manager you must have –
- You must be operating at a Junior Buyer, or Buyer or Buying Manager level dealing with niche or localised buying practices and onboarding. Or other candidates that would be of interest are those who come from a Partnership role, from a food delivery brand, that you are involved in onboarding to scaling up a local food business/supplier.
- Track record of negotiations with suppliers
- Highly analytical and can work with data, insights and have an advance level on excel.
- Excellent communication at all levels.
- A desire to work in a dynamic environment at one of the fastest growing start-ups in this space.
Benefits that are included in this Buyer – Local partnerships position –
- 25 days working
- Lush office space in central London
- Entrepreneurial business with one of the most exciting disrupters in the market!
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is keen and ambitious to grow and invest their time in a start-up feel business. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you and you have the relevant experience. Contact Jay Thandi for further details.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.