Operations & Compliance Manager – Food to Go
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are partnering with this established food retailer with circa 50 stores in the UK who is looking to recruit Head of Operations & Compliance for their Food to Go offering within their franchise stores. The overall accountability of this role is to look after the ergonomics of the sites to drive productivity and compliance whilst maintaining a great range of food offering during a 24-hour period within the food-to go areas.
This is looking for someone to be able to look at everything from the production, equipment and facilities to allow the offering to take place in existing sites for improvements and part of on-going roll out.
This role is based in the Support Centre but there will travel to other stores.
Your responsibilities in the Operations & Compliance Manager position include-
- To make sure that the stores have a commercial offering of hot, cold food and drinks through the day.
- Understanding of the customer profile via customer insights and consumer shopping behaviours to provide an accurate product offering.
- Look at ergonomics and planning of the stores, production site, equipment etc to make sure that food to being cooked at the right temperatures, that there is enough available product throughout the day and minimise waste.
- Producing solutions and challenging (where needed) to the wider management team
- Analyse menu offering, making suggestion to increase margin & range for customers
- Analysing daily menu offer (breakfast and lunch deals) and promotional deals from a production, availability and range point of view.
- Working with the Buyers and Category team regarding supplier and souring relationships
- Delivering all food safety, Hygiene and HACCP compliance and checking stores are adhering to them
- Looking at margins and supplier agreements to provide the right cost margins and pricing.
- Delivering the own-brand strategy & own-label development as a competitive offering to the branded alternative.
To be successful in this Operations & Compliance Manager position include-
- That you come from a Project Manager, Store Planning, Buying /Category Manager , Operational, Compliance or Field Manager or Head of position within a Food to go, Food service, coffee or hospitality background.
- Have been involved in looking after train, rail, airports, motorway service stations or forecourt/ Petroleum sites.
- This is a new position so that background of the candidate can be varied, however they must have been involved with bringing a hot food offer into a small, travel unit size operation.
- That you have the right balance of driving sales and commercially with the balance of the compliance and Health & Safety
- Stakeholder engagement to a senior level of the business including the CEO
- This individual should be able to back themselves by challenging the status quo and sharing best practice.
This business is increasing their market share in all areas and pride themselves on offering a positive and commercial working environment that offers longevity for your career.
The salary is competitively paid based on experience and other benefits include –
- Relocation allowance (if candidate is not based locally!)
- car allowance
- private healthcare
- flexible working
If you feel this would be the right opportunity for you that is suitable to your experience, please send your cv quoting the reference JO-2001-107756.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.