Online Category Director (Retail Food, FMCG, Dubai)
| | |
Quest are proud to be working with an international retailer looking for an Online Category Director (Retail Food, /FMCG, Dubai) to come in and lead their Digital Retail Food/Grocery division in the UAE. Our client is in the process of expanding their digital offering, this role will suit an Online Category Director who has extensive experience within FMCG, The Grocers or Retail Food sectors.
The Online Category Director (Retail Food, /FMCG, Dubai) is responsible for creating the strategy for the Digital Food division. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a vision and strategy for own division which is aligned to the corporate strategy
- Working closely with the e-Commerce team including marketing, product and UX to ensure that merchandise layout and product information is correct to maximise sales
- Ability to use google analytics to review and track the user journey, conversion rates and page performance
- Propose plans to increase profitability and productivity in the merchandising and buying function
- Analyse and benchmark their Retail Omnichannel performance to the market and develop areas of improvement
- Oversee the development of new NPD for products and the planogram and execution in stores
- Identify new sourcing countries and develop an organizational structure, assess whether a local office is needed
- Review the entire process of Private Label development including quality aspects, setting up processes and standards
- Conduct and oversee all international negotiations of high-level FMCG agreements
- Standardise the sourcing strategy across & implement best practices
- Developing succession plans across the entire Merchandising function to make sure that there is proactive growth in the team
- Oversee the application of the merchandise plan and ensure its consistency with national strategy
- Drive the on-going review of merchandising systems and processes to ensure their relevance
- Effectiveness and flexibility to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business
- Shaping best in class practices within the division and across the business.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in your application for the Online Category Director (Retail Food, /FMCG, Dubai) position you will be operating at a similar level with an FMCG Supermarket business.
The role will suit someone who has transitioned from a Buying and Merchandising background to overseeing the Digital Category for retail food and wholesale.
You must have experience of owning the delivery of the on and offline strategy and managing P&L’s.
The right person will have extensive experience working with senior internal stakeholders and leading large teams through direct reports and succession planning.
For more details contact email@example.com
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.