National Account Manager
| | |
We have exclusively partnered with a disruptive and innovative organisation who is looking for a proven successful National Account Manager to shape and define the sales strategy across the UK Market.
As the brands National Account Manager, you will be tasked with driving the full P&L management of the Grocery & Convenience channel, this incorporates existing accounts. There will also be a strong strategic emphasis on business development in convenience, to define a route to market and execute on the strategic plans.
Sales and Business Planning
* Business Plan – to prepare and implement an annual business plan for each account, carrying out regular reviews to ensure key sales and marketing objectives are achieved
* Prepare a Joint Business Plan (JBP) in conjunction with the Key retailer & internal teams
* Identify short, medium- and long-term opportunities to develop and implement plans to maximize the sales opportunities
* Competitor Brands / Activity – using information from trade press and market visits keep abreast of competitor brands / products and counter as required
* Strategy and Planning Develop the portfolio strategy, in conjunction with the Head of National Accounts and fully deliver against the agreed plans
* Plan and implement strategies in accordance with business needs e.g. project implementation
* Collaborate with Group and UK category management and insights lead to deliver a longer-term ambition of category captaincy.
* Forecast – prepare value and volume forecasts by products and update on a rolling monthly basis. Liaise with the Supply Chain Organization (SCO) on specific requests and issues
* Implement and manage the appropriate trading terms and price changes within the company guidelines
* Range – develop the optimum range of new and core product distribution in accounts, ensuring NPD is listed and launched effectively
* Customer Meetings – maintain regular face-to-face meetings with Buying and Supply contacts. Organize and lead annual strategy meetings with key contacts
* Manage the agreed expenditure budgets for their customers and work closely with the marketing team to develop trade marketing activities
* Provide Customer P&L and ROI for each key activity in their accounts and gain approval from UK Head of National Accounts
* Engage internal stakeholders in the JBP process
* Work with the Customer Service team to resolve any complaints/issues.
* Work with Sales Support Executive to develop reporting on account EPOS weekly, identifying key areas for action and development
* Take ownership of sales reports and reviewing to make sure these are effective and meaningful
You would be a highly motivated and Account Manager with proven experience working with national accounts.
* Ideally educated to Degree Level
* English and Maths to GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Skills / Experience
* Experience as a National Account Manager, ideally within a Pharmacy, FMCG or Personal Care branded supplier business
* Experience of developing JBP’s essential
* Experience of collaborating with Shopper insights and category management teams highly desirable
* Strong record of building and maintaining customer relationships
* Experience of setting, maintaining and achieving budgets both in turnover and in profit
* Experience of managing margins, customer profitability and sales targets
* Strong understanding of P&L’s * Proven track record in Sales
* Ability to build and maintain good internal relationships
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Negotiation and account management skills
* IT literate, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize own workload
* Excellent attention to detail
* Full, clean and valid driving license.
* Classical sales training
* Experience in the discount channel would be beneficial
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.