National Account Manager – Fresh Food, Grocer retail
| | |
This award-winning business is currently looking for a National Account Manager to look after their main top 6 grocery Account.
This role will be looking after all buying categories including a large category within Chilled/Fresh/Meat. Here you will have overall accountability to achieve targets for existing and future main grocer retail accounts.
The roles and responsibilities of this National Account Manager position include:
- You will manage the wholesale account as well as developing new business opportunities alongside the National Account Controller
- You will work closely with the Head of Buying to ensure all SLAs & fulfilment targets are met.
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring accurate forecasting across a wide range of categories, maximising sales opportunities with promotional activity.
- Deliver the sales and profit plan for the accounts
- Develop a strong understanding of promotions and extensively analyse their success
- Dealing with customers day to day, presenting new lines, negotiating costs etc.
- Manage budgets and track performance, reporting back with action plans to optimise and deliver the sales plan
- Acting as the day-to-day contact for the customer
- Building volume forecasts for key customer promotions & feeding date to the Buying & Supply Chain teams.
To be successful in this National Account Manager position you must have –
- We’re are looking for at least 5-10 years of experience as a National Account Manager or Buying experience
- Must have experience working with or for a large national food retailer (top 6 grocers) with a proven track record of sales growth.
- Experience within the fresh, produce, chilled or meat categories would be advantageous
- Strong commercial acumen with successful in key negotiations with new clients and strategically developing existing key accounts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders across the business from Warehouse, Buying and Supply chain teams
- Intermediate excel skills
The Benefits of this National Account Manager role –
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- travel expenses between head offices
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- subsidised lunch
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
This is a great opportunity to work in an omni-channel food business and be part of a larger business with exposure to the board & executive team. This position is ideally suited to someone in the Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Warwickshire, Buckinghamshire or London location due to the travel of this position. If you feel you have the relevant experience in National accounts or Buying experience please apply today quoting the reference JO-2106-109095 .
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.