Merchandiser – Home, Accessoires & Gifting
| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product company that has been established for over 150 years.
The key objective of this position is to be responsible for the allocation of stock, managing replenishments and analysing data on performance to support range planning.
This role will cover Home, accessories, gifting and small plants .
Your responsibilities as a Merchandiser include –
- Supporting in the preparation of business plans for the division including sales, stock targets, intaking buying margin, markdowns & margin (gross & net)
- Assisting in the establishment of a retail selling space planning function, determining the optimum range size, product mix and increasing sales and profit in line with the Company strategy.
- Planning the range with the Buyer, ensuring historical and future trends data and seasonal and promotional activity.
- Work with the team to manage the buying calendar and the critical path.
- Monitoring and maintaining the OTB.
- Maximise availability and on stocks to deliver sales with effective stock management.
- Forecasting stock intake and retro discounts.
- Working with the Branch Merchandising team regarding the optimum range size, product mix to drive commerciality.
- Tracking critical paths to ensure seasonal launches are delivered in line with process and launch dates
- To work with all suppliers and where the international sourcing office to ensure that all orders are delivered on time.
To be successful in this Merchandiser position you will need –
- Have Junior Merchandiser or Merchandiser experience from a highstreet retailer
- Extensive stock management and understanding of the supply chain & allocation processes
- Has led someone at a AN or MAA level and above
- strong, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- You must also be a team player and can form a commercial and long-lasting relationship with the Buyers
- Strong IT skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel and previous knowledge of Navision or Mercatus operating systems or other another retail stock management systems.
- Budget planning and management.
Benefits of this Merchandiser role –
- Generous staff discount
- 24 days annual leave.
- Stakeholder pension contribution.
- Life insurance
- flexible working office and home based
- Relocation support if you are not local to the Edinburgh location and keen to relocate!
If this sound like you & you feel you have the skills and expertise at this level, please apply today quoting the reference JO-2105-109034.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.