Merchandiser – Fashion
| | |
Quest Search and Selection is currently working with this lifestyle fashion & home retailer. This business is multichannel retailer that has seen 300% growth from their online business and has a global customer base.
The business is currently recruiting for a Merchandiser for their Womenswear department due to growth in their business.
Responsibilities as a Merchandiser are:
- Work with buyers to manage inventory to maximise availability and minimise overstock
- To plan sales, margin, stock and markdown budgets for all the channels
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance both customers’ expectations and company’s strategy
- Lead & develop seasonal departmental plan and OTB strategy
- Range Planning by category, in partnership with the Buying team
- Presenting at sign off meetings,
- Developing a team at Assistant Merchandiser and MAA level
- Define the exit strategy for discontinued stock while ensuring the margin budgets are achieved
- Monitor the performance of products within each defined category portfolio to give full visibility of product shortage, overstock, slow moving/obsolete stock and stock turnover.
- Take action on slow selling stock to ensure that discontinued stock targets are met
Experience needed as a Merchandiser:
- You must be an Junior Merchandiser, Senior Assistant Merchandiser or Merchandiser level, the salary banding is wide as they are open to level of experience.
- You must have experience with Womenswear or Menswear
- Strong Excel skills /WSSI experience within merchandising management systems
- Have managed at least at an Assistant Merchandiser level
- Ability to lead a team, work independently and to be able to work across a Business Unit, with other teams and at all levels
- Strategic thinking with agile commerciality
- Proven ability of planning and trading success
- Good organisation skills and strong communication skills
Benefits of this Merchandiser role –
- staff discount
- Free Car Park
- Currently WFH but will be working in the office once safe to do so.
This is a great opportunity to join a fashion business that has seen expediential growth in this current climate. If you have the relevant experience, please apply today quoting the reference JO-2102-108654.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.