Merchandiser – 6 months FTC
| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product company that is a mixed-goods, destination retailer that has been established for over 150 years.
This retailer has 20 established sites in the UK & are looking for a Merchandiser to join the team initially on a fixed-term contract but scope to develop this a permanent role. This role consists of delivering the planning strategy and to contribute to the strategic growth of Buying and Merchandising.
Responsibilities as a Merchandiser are:
- Prepare all markdown activity reporting template to get approvals
- Work with stores to manage inventory to maximise availability and minimise overstock,
- To plan sales, margin, stock and markdown budgets for all the company’s UK stores,
- Define the exit strategy for discontinued stock while ensuring the margin budgets are achieved
- Monitor the performance of products within each defined category portfolio to give full visibility of product shortage, overstock, slow moving/obsolete stock and stock turnover.
- Take action on slow selling stock to ensure that discontinued stock targets are met.
Experience needed as Merchandiser:
- You must be a Merchandiser or Junior Merchandiser or even Senior Assistant Merchandiser experience.
- They are open to category but the business has a high number of SKU levels.
- Backgrounds that are suitable include Home, Electricals, Toys, Fashion or Department stores.
- Initially you need to be flexible to travel to work 4 days in their office in central Scotland (expenses paid) .The rest of the time can spend at a Store (close by) or a homebased. This will only be initially (3-4 months) as they are looking to open up a London office.
- Strong Excel skills and have had experience within merchandising management systems
- Have managed at least at an Assistant Merchandiser level
- Have had experience working within a fast retailer
- Good organisation skills and strong communication skills
- This is a unique opportunity to add value to one the leading retailers in their field with a business that has recent investment.
The roles come with pension, holiday allowance and staff discount. If this sound like you, please apply today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.