| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product company that has been established for over 150 years.
In this Merchandiser position you will report into the head of Merchandising. The key objective of this position is to be responsible for the allocation of stock, managing replenishments and analysing data on performance to support range planning.
This role will cover Home, accessories, gifting and small plants
Your responsibilities as a Merchandiser include –
- Preparation of business plans for the division including sales, stock targets, intaking buying margin, markdowns, net margin.
- Using sound analytical thinking to produce space reporting to determine the optimum range size, product mix and increasing sales and profit in line with company strategy.
- Planning the range with the category buyer, ensuring historical and future trends data and seasonal variations are taken into account. You’ll check out promotional activity and volume deals when needed.
- Gathering and analysing data on current performance and planned ranges.
- Working with the team to maintain the buying calendar and the critical path.
- Liaising with suppliers, distribution centres and stores on purchase orders and deliveries, and tracking critical paths to ensure seasonal launches are delivered in line with process and launch dates
- Assisting in the setup, review and re-forecast of the WSSI taking into account seasonality, trends and stock targets (monthly, quarterly and year end).
To be successful in this Merchandiser position you will need –
- Extensive Merchandise planning experience within a multi retail site.
- Management of range planning, OTB control and WSSI.
- Sound understanding of supply chain processes (domestic and global).
- Knowledge of stock management especially in a seasonal business.
- Budget planning and management.
- Commercial and financial thinking with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – you will be building relationships with colleagues and stakeholders throughout the business.
Benefits of this Merchandiser role –
- Generous staff discount
- 24 days annual leave.
- Stakeholder pension contribution.
- Life insurance
- flexible working office and home based
- Relocation support if you are not local to the Edinburgh location and keen to relocate!
If this sound like you & you feel you have the skills and expertise at this level, please apply today quoting the reference JO-2105-109034.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.