Merchandise Planner – Home & Leisure
| | |
This UK retailer is currently looking for a Merchandiser for their hardline ranges. With over 400 stores in the UK this business is looking for committed Merchandiser within their Home, Furniture, Outdoor & Leisure division within their multi-channel offer.
As Merchandiser Planner you will have overall responsibility of the forecasting and allocation of the category and ensuring you have the right products available in stores and on-line.
Your responsibilities include–
- Forecasting and allocation of category
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all suppliers
- Ensure a knowledge of the customer profile and market trends via store visits.
- Being strategic on looking to enhance sales and stock packages at a store and company level
- Analysing past sales trends to anticipate future needs
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and performance.
- Create processes to maximise profits and manage the performance of ranges
- Planning promotions and markdowns as necessary.
- Optimising the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas through effective stock, sales and merchandise planning.
- Ensure all range plans are correctly built for the department ensuring a balanced product mix.
- Attend all weekly, monthly and seasonal meetings fully prepared, ensuring all analysis and reports required are completed comprehensively
- Developing business plans in managing stock exit plans is also essential including seasonal and end-off-line stock & meeting wastage targets
- Plan product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with buyers and challenge where necessary.
- Ensures the customer is at the forefront of your thinking of all decisions.
To be successful you will have-
- Extensive Merchandiser, Lead, Senior or Merchandise Manager level experience
- My client is open to background from homewares, hardlines, fashion or DIY to name a few.
- Have merchandising experience within a blue-chip retailer and have traded a range through a WSSI is a must.
- Experience of pre-season planning to deliver a commercial range is also desirable.
- Have accountability of a category of 35 – 200 million & in control of the OTB.
- High influence individual & can consult & make key decisions in an ever-changing market
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills to devise a merchandising plan for multiple produce areas & influence other departments.
- Financial Modelling (e.g. Availability, intake planning, margin forecasting)
This business is increasing their market share in all areas and pride themselves on offering a positive and commercial working environment that offers longevity for your career. Other benefits include car allowance, private healthcare for the family and a fuel card covering all mileage. If you feel this would be the right opportunity for you that is suitable to your experience please send your cv quoting the reference Q103003.