Managing Director – UK
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with this exciting grocery shopping and delivery tech business. This company has already had one set of investment and has success in Western Europe and is scaling up its business in London and other European countries.
As a Managing Director for the UK, you will be responsible for building the presence of the company in the UK from the soft launch to scale up in London & then future growth across the UK.
The responsibilities of this Managing Director – UK position –
- You will be fully accountability for the P&L, working with the investors to drive growth, investment and continuous improvements whilst being true to the company values.
- The key vertical you will be leading include; Commercial, Expansion, Operations, Finance and Planning Teams
- With a current holding GM in place and you will be involved in all aspects of the business, from setting the strategy from soft launch to rolling out the business with full ownership of the handover.
- Work with GM’s from other countries to learn about and implement best practices.
- Manage the business with a hands-on approach – this is a start up so there is less hierarchy and it’s fast paced and hands on!
- Reporting to the main global board on a regular basis.
- Attract talent to the business that fit the culture, growth and business strategy.
- Be driven, passionate, professional and results-orientated – we want you to be ambitious
To be successful in the Managing Director – UK you must have –
- Extensive leadership experience at a Director or General Manager or similar looking after a business unit
- Experience and scaling teams across departments, preferably with exposure to last-mile logistics and/or retail eCommerce.
- You must have a bluechip background from eCommerce, FMCG, Retail or Management Consultancy firm.
- High-growth environment and start up experience, ideally with a background of launching, scaling, and operating in the UK
- Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions
- Used to a fast paced, demanding work culture form a time, energy and growth perspective
- Ideally has a Masters or bachelors degree
- Benefits that are included in this Managing Director – UK position –
- Equity in the business as part of a LTIP
- Remote working currently and office space in central London
- Entreprenurial business with one of the most exciting disrupters in the market!
- 25 days holidays
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is keen and ambitious to grow and invest their time in a start-up feel business. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like yoU, please send your cv, quoting the reference JO-2103-108789
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.