Junior Developer (Magento and PHP)
| | |
Quest are proud to partner a growing Health and Wellness Business looking for a Junior Magento Developer to join their Team in the Cheltenham area.
The have expandeed their DevOps teams over the years and are looking for people wanting to build their long term careers as part of their team.
You will support the lead Magento Developer by working on front-end development and integration tools. You will be developing for all editions Magento 1 and Magento 2 and assisting moving our sites over to the new code base.
The ideal candidate will;
- Excellent experience with Magento 1.9 and 2.0
- Excellent experience writing clean, semantic HTML5.
- Excellent experience writing well organised, maintainable CSS
- Strong integration/architectural knowledge of a Magento platform
- Experience with PHP (+5 years)
- Understanding of front-end performance optimisation techniques
- Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of server set up and configuration
- Good knowledge of WordPress
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Encourage standard development environments and workflows
- Working on the back end of websites and training those more junior to understand the process
- Developing new features for our websites
- Integrating with third party APIs
- Improving test coverage, procedure and documentation
- Create documents which explain how to perform tasks and use systems for internal business use
- Plan and prioritise workload according to business-critical projects
- Identify and highlight improvements to systems and processes on a continual basis
- Strong attention to detail ensuring source/version control and best practices are always in place.
Essential skills, experience and competence required:
The ideal candidate will at least 2 years experience working on Magento 1.9 and 2.0 B2B and B2C projects. You will either be working towards your Magento certification or keen to study (On-demand Magento U training courses and certification will be supplied to the right candidate where appropriate.) You will work on new website builds and work closely with the project manager, design team and our content management team.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with PHP, demonstrating expert knowledge and object-oriented programming skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Magento 2.1.x through to 2.4
- Experience in developing Magento modules/plugins in PHP
- Front-end web development experience
- Troubleshooting integration issues
- Updating website features and security patches
- Excellent analytical and self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks / objectives
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
In return you will receive a competitive salary + bonus in an exciting company with the potential to grow and develop within a friendly and flexible environment. This role is available on a full time permanent basis.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Friendly workplace
- Training and development toward Magento Certification
To find out more get in touch with Jay Thandi from the Quest team.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.