Junior Category Manager
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are proud to partner a global £billion fashion, accessories and gifting retail business with stores in UK, Europe & USA.
This role is to drive the performance of a specific set of branded products across all channels .
Category Management roles are accountable for a wide range of activities and KPI’s.
Duties & Responsibilities for this Junior Category Manager –
- In conjunction with Head of Category Management to agree the strategy and key objectives
- Gain understanding of trends, competition across different marketplaces and channel.
- Assist in preparing sales & stock plans, range and buying plans which meet sale & stock and intake margin targets
- Build and preserve positive and trusted relationships with suppliers
- Looking at the introduction of new ranges
- Reviews performance by each brand and by channel and identifies brands that should be exited
- Contribute to profit management through accurate forecasting and recommendations on action
- Prepare range vs budget plan by grade and format.
- clearing terminal stock and availability targets
- Review and update sales and stock forecasts and OTB
- Ensure WSSI and commitments are accurately maintained
To be successful in this Junior Category Manager –
- 3 years + experience within a Assistant or Junior Category Manager, Buyer or Merchandiser
- Suits a Category Manager or a Merchandiser that is closer to product or a Buyer than is closer to the numbers!
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of branded buying and merchandising principles
- The business is open to product categories but ideally fits within a Jewellery, Accessories, Toys, Homewares, Footwear or Bags/Luggage.
- Understanding of key metrics of the merchandising functions such as OTB, Range reviews and sales and stock intake
- Highly numerate & an analytical mindset
- Demonstrably high level of commercial awareness
- Strong data collection and analysis skills
- Good numerical and analytical skills
The benefits of this Junior Category Manager level –
- Bonus Potential
- 24 days holidays
- 5% contributory pension
- 2/3 days working in office
If you are keen to be part of a new organisation that is growing globally and is a market leader in their field, please send your cv today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.