Junior Buyer -Toys,Books and Crafts
| | |
This international iconic retailer is looking for a Junior Buyer to manage a varied range of products within their Toys Books & Crafts categories. This business is seeking a forward-thinking, innovative individual to develop both their branded and own brand products & to support the range and category.
The responsibilities of this Junior Buyer – Toys Books & Crafts include:
- Create and deliver a category strategy, working across own brand development, branded ranges to achieve sales, margin and cash profit budgets
- Continually monitoring & building and reviewing ranges
- Analyse sales, cash and margin on a weekly basis by store level to understand how to continually grow sales
- Source, select and range new product in both own brand and branded ranges
- Write briefs and work closely with HK sourcing team for own brand development
- Manage all product approvals to ensure timelines are hit on the critical path, including responsibility for all packaging briefs
- Working closely with Merchandising team on forecasting sales and stock
- Working closely with marketing & stores to ensure right launch for a new product range
- Managing a Buying Assistant or BAA level
- Reviews of suppliers and introducing new relationships
- Junior Buyer KPi’s include sales, wastage, profit, market share, LFL, volume & return on shelf space.
To be successful in this Junior Buyer – Toys Books & Crafts you must have –
- Buying experience as a Junior Buyer or Senior Assistant Buyer working in a fast pace, volume environment.
- Preferably backgrounds include working within a High Street, Homewares, Health & Beauty, Toys, Gifting or Department Store experience .
- Product development involvement within own brand /private label and sourcing from the far-east
- Work with and develop a buying assistant /BAA in the team,
- Support the QA team with meeting requirements on all required standards
- Experience working at a Jnr buyer level OR Senior Assistant Buyer level
- Has worked within and has exposure of budgets allowing for the maximum ROI.
- Have been involved with, range reviews, promotional plans & pricing plans.
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills
- Excellent communication at all levels and being able to get buy-in from stake holders
Benefits of this position –
- 22 days holidays
- Central London office
- Travel loan
- Exposure on an international level
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and are enthusiastic about this role and a great brand, please apply now quoting the reference JO-2106-109119.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.