Junior Buyer – Cards & Gifts
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are proudly partnering with this global multi-brand brand which has been established for over 100 years and employs 300 people across different location in the UK, Ireland and globally.
The main purpose of this Junior Buyer role is to manage the trading activities and Profit and Loss for the category and to deliver maximum sales and profitability for the category.
The roles and responsibilities for the Junior Buyer role –
- You will have buying responsibility for categories across branded and own-label categories.
- Categories include Card, Giftwrap, tags, badges and ballons etc
- You will be responsible for selecting and developing profitable new ranges for upcoming seasons.
- Using data and upcoming trends you will generate new ideas on how to grow YOY sales, margin and income to deliver an effective and profitable category plans.
- Working closely with the distribution and operation to ensure in store availability is maintained.
- Managing performance of products within budget.
- Utilising your analytical data to deliver reports for trade meetings
- promotion planning to keep us one step ahead of their competition
To be successful in this Junior Buyer role –
- You’ll be an experienced Buyers Assistant, Junior Buyer or Assistant Buyer within the Retail.
- Ideal has experience on Stationery, Card Toys, Books, Gifts and Impulse Buys but other categories will be considered
- Suits someone who is creative for new products but also commercial regarding dealing with large suppliers
- A head for figures, as this area is data-driven.
- Knowledge of Profit & Loss and supplier management is essential
- Strong numerical & anayltcial skillset
The Benefits of this Junior Buyer role –
- 25 days Holidays
- Flexible working (on average 3 days in the office)
- Staff discounts and other incentives
The role will appeal to someone who wants to gain experience within a fast growing and ambitious business, where their people are their biggest asset! If this role sounds like you then please send your cv today, quoting the reference JO-2203-110033.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.