Journalism placement (6 months)
| | |
Journalism & Content Internship (Paid – 6 months)
Salary to £18,400 pa (minimum wage £8.20 per hour)
Our client is a market leading Online Media publishing business. They publish titles in the Ecommerce, Retail and Business sectors. They continue to grow and are launching three exciting new titles. They are hiring writers and journalists who will typically be recent graduates or under-graduate placement students seeking valuable work experience and training.
Work will be a combination of being office based (in Central London, near Oxford Circus), or, working from home. As they are launching new publications in 2020 this is an excellent chance to be part of a new business start up (with the backing of an established company).
Reporting to: Editor in Chief
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· News coverage – produce comprehensive and high quality copy on a daily basis, often with tight deadlines
· Configuring and set up daily Newsletters and e-shots
· Produce and assist with online editorial creation for the digital magazine[s] and other Social Media platforms.
· Coordinate the output of news onto the social networks.
· Work with PR agencies and Press Releases to re-purpose as new stories.
· Seek out new relationships for interviews.
· Assist with newsletters and other online marketing campaigns and features.
· Contract Duration: 6 months, 4 days a week.
· NB – the company produces news 7 days per week so some flexible working is required
· Hours – either 7.30am to 3pm or 10am to 5.30pm (rotational early starts because daily newsletters are published at 9am).
· Qualifications – Education/Knowledge: – University graduate or student in Journalism or English
· Experience: – Writing, Journalism, or Blogging Experience
· Ability to conduct research and some basic Photoshop, Video editing and SEO.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, please forward a copy of your CV. We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible. Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.