Internship – Mathematical Model Development
| | |
A global App business seeks a new graduate or an undergraduate to work as a Mathematician / Statistician Intern. This internship project is business critical it will be a mix of WFH / home-based and office based. This statistical project requires strong applied mathematical skills for modelling an innovative new feature on the app. The project aims to be launched by April 2021 so those who can commit at least 25 hours a week will be given priority.
* Work with management to set up scope and requirements for the project.
* Identify sources of data and resources needed.
* Autonomously work to product recommendations and solutions and present findings
* Develop and Implement data collection and mining system, database, data analytics to optimize quality of results
* Code and maintain database of statistics related to project
* Write algorithms to identify, analyze and interpret data to produce a predictive model
Desirable skills and background:
* Graduate or Majoring in Applied Mathematics, Statistics or related field
* Previous intern experience in a similar area would be advantageous
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyze and disseminate large amounts of information
* Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques
* Accuracy and attention to detail are vital
* Coding knowledge and experience with languages is not required but could be beneficial
* Able to work in the Downtown, Dubai area or remotely
This internship will allow you to develop and build on your existing talents, learn new skills and gain valuable experience while you work in a positive, fun and fast-paced environment. To apply, please get your CV through to us today with a short covering letter outlining why you are relevant for this position.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.