| | |
About the company:
Quest Search and Selection is working with one of the largest garden centres within the UK. They have over 30 stores and are a fast-growing company. They are looking for a Horticultural manager, to join their team in the Cheltenham area.
Key Responsibilities as a Horticultural Manager is:
- Effectively managing and motivating the team members to provide outstanding customer experience within the department
- Reporting to the General Manager you’ll have operational responsibility for all day to day department operations of the Horticultural and Plant area.
- Set and monitor short- & medium-term business objectives
- oversees customer service and overall department standards.
- commercial understanding of working towards sales, service, stock KPI’s.
- control stock package and layout in order to maximise sales,
- Ensure a seasonal product offer remains commercially attractive and that all aspects of the product offer, from indoor and outdoor plants to garden equipment and sundries & well-merchandised and relevant to what is a knowledgeable customer base.
- You will be opportunity to take on additional responsibility for the whole operation on a Duty Manager basis.
- This being a flagship store it’s important that you are well versed to Director and Stakeholder store visits
- To carry out audits and risk assessments to all relevant aspects of the business and to ensure that tasks have been delegated to staff effectively.
- To ensure the best premium customer service is met by setting Customer Loyalty targets daily and ensure that they are being reviewed weekly.
- Competitor store visits for other retailers
To be successful as a Horticulture Manager you need:
- Have worked previously or currently as a Department Manager or Supervisor
- You must have a decent understanding of horticultural products and worked in a garden centre, nursery or DIY environment looking after horticultural, garden, plant or bedding products.
- Strong leadership skills
- Understands Commercial retail KPI’s
- Understand of stock and wastage targets and minimising stock loss
- Provide exceptional service within your department
- This store is based in the Gloucestershire area so you must be able to drive.
- You must have a track record of success within key stores in the business
What’s in it for you…
- Holiday Allowance
- Pension scheme
- Staff Discount
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity, please apply by sending your CV today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.