| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product company that is a mixed-goods, destination retailer that has been established for over 150 years.
This retailer has everything under one roof including, food, home, fashion, garden & DIY and is looking for an individual who has managed large footprint and customer centric where there are a number of departments under the one roof.
Key Responsibilities as a Horticultural Manager role is:
- Reporting to the General Manager you’ll have operational responsibility for all day to day department operations of the Horticultural and Plant area.
- Manages a team of General Assistant & Supervisor.
- Set and monitor short & medium term business objectives
- oversees customer service and overall department standards.
- commercial understanding of working towards sales, service, stock KPI’s.
- control stock package and layout in order to maximise sales,
- Ensure a seasonal product offer remains commercially attractive and that all aspects of the product offer, from indoor and outdoor plants to garden equipment and sundries & well-merchandised and relevant to what is a knowledgeable customer base.
- You will be opportunity to take on additional responsibility for the whole operation on a Duty Manager basis.
- This being a flagship store it’s important that you are well versed to Director and Stakeholder store visits
- To carry out audits and risk assessments to all relevant aspects of the business and to ensure that tasks have been delegated to staff effectively.
- To ensure the best premium customer service is met by setting Customer Loyalty targets daily and ensure that they are being reviewed weekly.
- Competitor store visits for other retailers
Experience needed for this Horticultural Manager include:
- You’ll have management or supervisor experience within retail
- You must have a decent understanding of horticultural products and worked in a garden centre, nursery or DIY environment looking after horticultural, garden, plant or bedding products.
- Must have exception stakeholder management experience
- Have worked towards high store standards
- Has understanding of Commercial retail KPI’s
- Understand of stock and wastage targets and minimising stock loss
- Provide exceptional service within your department
- This store is based in the Gloucestershire area so you must be able to drive.
- You must have a track record of success within key stores in the business
- Someone who can work independently and successfully in an autonomous retail environment
This is a business that has growth plans and investment that is looking to grow extensively over the next 2-3 years. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a real passion for retail and driving a premium shopping experience for their customers in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive base salary, bonus potential and contributory pension. If this opportunity sounds like you please send your cv quoting the reference JO-2003-107898.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.