Homeware Junior Buyer
| | |
An iconic British Retailer has the job of a Junior Buyer, to come on board of its Homeware department based in London. You will be key in sourcing a commercial range to exceed the expectations of our international partners, in the International team. The role needs this person to understand sales and translate this to negotiate the best rates, ensure the best products are given to their customers.
As a Homeware Junior Buyer, you will:
- Sourcing and building a balanced, commercial, and profitable range
- Ensuring the smooth running of the department. Work on the critical path management
- Identifying new trends and opportunities to grow sales and profit
- Work with International partners to present ranges to
- Maintain and continually build strong relationships with lateral teams
- Negotiating cost prices with suppliers and identify new suppliers
- Evaluating sales history and customer information together with trends to develop a strategy
Skills and experience needed:
- Senior Assistant Buyer or Junior Buyer is essential
- Homeware/Furnishings experience is desirable, however Fashion areas will also be considered for this role
- A full understanding of the Buying and Merchandising Lifecycle
- Understanding of product development is desirable however not essential
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to conversate at all levels including Senior Management
- Excellent negotiation skills working with Far East Suppliers
- Awareness for trend and product
- Constantly seek opportunities for development and will take on tasks above and beyond your current role
In return, this company will offer fantastic progression and autonomy in a role which reports into the Head of Buying.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.