Head of Supply Chain – Food
| | |
This leading international group that is established in 15 countries globally within food, hospitality, supermarket & wholesale is looking for a Head of Supply Chain within their UK operations.
This role is looking after the data flows (database, orders/deliveries, invoicing) and physical flows (warehouse, international transport) from the supplier untill the destination countries for food or non-food goods.
The responsibilities of this Head of Supply Chain include –
- Set-up the physical supply chain hub operations solution according to the nature of goods (food chilled, frozen, temp control, non-food), to the transportation mode (sea/land/air), to the required storage/cross-docking needs.
- To provide the lowest Landed cost and the shortest lead time to destination countries.
- Perform selection of 3PL (warehouse and/or freight-forwarders) thru tender approved process.
- Guarantee the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) fare and updating any business changes.
- Maintain the list of countries documentation & requirements and ensure the documentation used is compliant to destination country regulations.
- Build sustainable relationship with suppliers and vendors in order to ensure best quality deliveries under competitive agreement terms
- Constantly looking for opportunities to reduce supply chain cost and efficiencies and delivering the best value across the supermarkets
- To be successful in this Head of Supply Chain role
- Mandatory minimum 10 years in Import/Export Supply Chain in FMCG/Supermarket retail
- Have managed a small team of 3-4 + people
- Understanding of international supply chain, export regulation, French, European standards
- Strong in exports
- Very reactive person to find optimum solutions to solve issues
- Import-Export documentation know-how and terms
- Global Trade Management (GTM) & Int’l Transport Management System (TMS) knowledge
- English & French language skills
- You’ll have a meticulous eye for detail and used to working with large amounts of data that you use to analyse and report on demand patterns and trends.
Benefits of this Head of Supply Chain role –
- Working for a true global leader with Europe and the Middle-East and be part of a progressive business that has excellent profitable growth.
If you feel like this role will be suitable and you have the required Leadership, Export and Supply Chain skills please apply quoting the reference JO-2106-109096.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.