Head of Merchandising – Fast Fashion
| | |
Quest Search and Selection are partnering with this established Dubai retail group who is known for developing trend led fast fashion products to the cost-conscious customers as well as partnering with a number of international brands.
This role is for a Head of Merchandising for their online brand and the business is keen to explore UK & European candidates who are interested in the opportunity to relocate to the sunnier climate of Dubai! This is a key leadership role where you will be responsible for developing the strategic plan for this online retailer.
Your responsibilities for this Head of Merchandising role –
- To contribute and delivering the planned strategy regarding maximising sales and profit opportunities whilst achieving stock and service & margin contributions.
- To oversee the control of all stock, supply chain, availability, forecasting and budgets
- Management of supplier relationships to ensure performance is optimised with effective KPI measurement
- This is a new brand so it’s leading a small team of 6-7 people
- Effective development of range structure (option count, category mix, risk profile etc) to drive growth
- Management of the overall budgeting process, setting targets for sales, margin and stock across channels
- Review weekly trading performance and achieved KPI’s & identifying issues and solutions.
To be successful in this Head of Merchandising role –
- Though this is a Head of level it would be suited to a Merch Director, Head of Merchandising or Merchandise Manager level that has been accountable for the whole business.
- Being hands on with a new team and developing brand
- Have had Womenswear or Menswear experience in a fast fashion, youthful brand.
- Experience of brick and mortar and pure play retailing.
- Have had experience of providing best practice, energy and willingness.
- Highly experienced in Financial Modelling (e.g. Availability, intake planning, margin)..
- Ability to communicate a clear vision and inspire colleagues to achieve the highest possible level of performance forecasting)
- Ability to work to a high standard during sustained periods of high pressure in a constantly changing environment
- Good knowledge of external market trends & commerciality both in the UK and overseas
What’s in it for you for this Head of Merchandising position:
- Tax free salary!
- Relocation Assistance & hotel costing
- Flights for you & your family
- 1 trip back to the UK each year
This is a great opportunity if you are open to relocation as part of your career plan and progression. If you have the right skills based on the description above please apply by sending your CV today quoting the reference JO-2102-108694.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.