Head of Buying – Womenswear
| | |
Quest Search and Selection are partnering with this established Dubai retail group who is known for developing trend led fast fashion products to the cost-conscious customers as well as partnering with a number of international brands. We looking for candidates in the GCC or based in the UK or Europe who are willing to relocate to the sunny and warmer climate of Dubai!
This role is for a Head of Buying Womenswear and would suit a Head of Buying or established Buying Manager. This is a key leadership role where you will be responsible for developing strategic buying plans within their own label product category.
As a Head of Buying –Womenswear you will:
- Formulate and determine buying plan and budget for the category
- Full P&L accountability and overseeing costs, margins and sales and making suggestions to improve commerciality and lead times.
- Work with the other Business Managers to align the overall buying and merchandising plan for the category.
- Keep abreast with the latest buying trends and identify new opportunities that the company can leverage on and can be cascaded to the team
- Lead a team of 10-12 people
- Being hands on when required regarding the sourcing, recommendations, and negotiations with vendors and keeping costs align to budgets
- Be involved in FE sourcing and range development
- Conduct regular store visits
Desirable skills and background for this Head of Buying –Womenswear position:
- An established Buying career within own brand and development being key
- You must be at a Director/head of Category head or Buying Manager level
- You must have experience within Lingerie OR Womenswear within a fast fashion retailer
- Have extensive experience at a leadership level
- Dealt with budgeted categories of approx. £100-150 million +
- Have had FE sourcing experience and dealt with high level negotiations
- Strong presentation & project management skills
What’s in it for you for this Head of Buying –Womenswear position:
- Tax free salary!
- Relocation Assistance & hotel costing
- Flights for you & your family
- 1 trip back to the UK each year
This is a great opportunity if you are open to relocation as part of your career plan and progression. If you have the right skills based on the description above please apply by sending your CV today quoting the reference JO-2011-108429/A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.