Head of Buying & Merchandising
| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product company that is a mixed-goods, destination retailer that has been established for over 150 years.
This retailer has 20 established sites in the UK & are looking for a Head of Buying to join the team. This role consists of delivering the planning strategy and to contribute to the strategic growth of Buying and Merchandising.
This role would suit an experienced Senior Category Manager/Buyer or similar level within Planning who is ready to take their career to the next level. The candidate would ideally have experience in managing multi-channel categories and responsible for the delivery of key commercial KPIs including Managing the supplier relationships, P&L, Margin and OTB Management.’.
Responsibilities as a Head of Buying & Merchandising are:
- Lead the development of all new products
- Accountable for owning, developing and driving the Retail Product Range to exceed sales and profit budgets.
- Oversee the delivery of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports
- Responsible for delivering the agreed profitability across categories.
- Develop a network of suppliers to ensure consistent delivery
- Accountable for monitoring and reviewing category and range performances against financial objectives;
- Develop and implement buying plans, product development, purchasing and range sales strategies with the retail team.
- Prepare and agree the annual budget and KPIs in close partnership adherence to OTB practices and process.
- Develop high competitor and market awareness within the team.
To be successful in this Head of Buying & Merchandising position you must –
- Category or Buying experience as a management or Head of level ideally in a non-food, gifting or homewares background
- Trading & Analytical background
- Have worked with selection buying or sourcing from suppliers and range management
- Have worked with OTB , working towards margins and budget
- You need to be flexible to travel to work 1 or 2 days in their office in central Scotland (expenses paid). The rest of the time can spend at a Store (closer by) or be homebased.
- Being able to lead weekly trade meeting and understanding the sales reports.
- Have led a team within category, buying and merchandising
- Deliver all buying processes and procedures and ensure these are followed by the team.
- Ensure strong supplier relationships exist for long-term collaboration and high service levels.
This is a unique opportunity to add value to one the leading retailers in their field with a business that has recent investment. The roles comes with pension, holiday allowance and staff discount. If this sound like you please apply quoting the reference JO-2002-107824.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.