Head of Buying – Luxury & Artisan Food
| | |
This SME, award-winning business is currently looking for a Head of Buying to work alongside the Head of NPD to drive all categories of their supplier & retail business.
This role will be looking after all buying categories with Fresh, Bakery & Ambient, including branded finished products. The overall accountability is to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability and be accountable of the EBITDA.
Roles & Responsibilities of this Head of Buying – Luxury & Artisan Food include:
- Lead a team of 3-5 Buyers
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and International suppliers.
- Working with the Buyer & Supply Manager to complete open to buy forecasts
- Looking at news suppliers and negotiating terms of business
- Getting customers feedback from Manager’s and the Insight team
- Maintain sales and profit according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan
- Own the delivery of budgeted sales, waste and margin across all food retail departments.
- Negotiate and deliver margin improvements across the end-to-end operation without compromising brand standards.
- Initiate and lead category reviews to deliver continuous improvement in product range, sales, quality, and pricing
To be successful in this Head of Buying position you must have –
- Buying Manager or Head of Buying experience within Retail or Wholesale food background from a chilled, fresh food, grocery or ambient category.
- Have led a team of 2+ people
- Open to working for a SME to drive growth
- This is a 12-month contract so will need to be immediately available or no more than a 1-month notice period.
- Have led and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels & maintain and developed key supplier relationships
- have lots of experience with procurement strategy and supplier management.
- You will need to have a real passion for food and commitment to working in a fast-paced environment!
- This position is ideally suited to someone in the Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire or London location due to the travel of this position.
The Benefits of this Head of Buying – Luxury & Artisan Food position –
- Bonus potential
- Potential of the contract to be extended or go permanent
- Subsidised private healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Generous discount across the group
- Enhanced pension contribution
You will have exposure to the senior leadership and board and be part of a wider business. If you think you have the relevant Food buying experience and principles please apply today quoting the reference JO-2204-110106.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.