Head of Buying – Food
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with this exciting grocery shopping and delivery tech business. This company has already had one set of investment and has success in Germany and is scaling up its business in London and other European countries!
As part of their growth the business is currently looking to recruit a Head of Buying to help with the bulk purchasing for branded products with FMCG suppliers and wholesalers.
The responsibilities of this Head of Buying position –
- To lead the Buying strategy to determine which products to buy, in the correct quantities.
- Category Management: plan & execute the assortment strategy covering a range of SKUs and suppliers.
- Hire a team and set the goals and strategic direction for the Buying division alongside the Commercial Director.
- Manage all key supplier relations & negotiate prices with suppliers
- Work with headquarters to learn about and implement best practices from their other markets
- Drive sales and profit in line with operating plan budgets
- To develop, implement, and review the trading plan
- Assess supplier market knowledge and competitor analysis
- Set clear range and price architecture
- oversee supply, ensure continuity and product availability.
To be successful in the Head of Buying position you must have –
- You must be operating at a Buying Manager, Head of Buying, Buying director level
- Previous or current experience from the top 7 grocers or wholesale is idea
- Prior experience in building and leading teams
- Affinity for using data to make strategic decisions
- Track record of negotiations with suppliers
- Exceptional eye for detail and accuracy – Excellent communication at all levels.
- A desire to work in a dynamic environment at one of the fastest growing startups in this space.
Benefits that are included in this Head of Buying position –
- Flexible working
- Remote working currently and office space in central London
- Equity as a LTIP
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is keen and ambitious to grow and invest their time in a start-up feel business. If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you and you have the relevant experience, please send your cv today quoting the reference JO-2101-108591
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.