Head of Buying – Food
| | |
This award-winning business is currently looking for a Head of Buying to work alongside the Head of NPD to drive all categories of their supplier & retail business.
This role will be looking after all buying categories with Fresh, Bakery & Ambient; including NPD & finished products including ingredients and GNFR. The overall accountability is to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability and be accountable of the EBITDA.
As a Head of Buying include:
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and International suppliers.
- Working with the Buyer & Supply Manager to complete open to buy forecasts
- Working closing with the head of NPD to drive new products and range management
- Working towards cost control for ingredients, and new supplier relationships
- Looking at news suppliers and negotiating terms of business
- Looking at all procurement suppliers for examples packaging, plastic bags etc
- Getting customers feedback from Manager’s and the Insight team
- Executing category reviews and business plans
- Maintain sales and profit according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan
- Being responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
To be successful in this Head of Buying position you must have –
- Buying Manager or Head of Buying experience within Retail, Supplier, Manufacturing or Purchasing food background from a chilled, fresh food, grocery or ambient category.
- Have led a team of 3-5 people
- Open to working for a SME to drive growth
- Knowledge of the retail & wholesale business
- Track record of success within your career
- Have lead and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels & maintain and developed key supplier relationships
This is a great opportunity to work in an omi-channel food business and be part of a larger business with exposure to the board & executive team. This position is ideally suited to someone in the West Midlands, or London location due to the travel of this position. In return you will receive a competitive bonus & contributory pension. If you feel that you have the Category or Buying experience within a leadership role please apply today quoting the reference JO-1802-103862/A.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.