Head of Buying / Category – Fashion & Licensing
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with this true global brand & retailer. This role is to support their commercial clothing & fashion strategy in the EMEA region and bring their brand to life through key licensing accounts.
This business offers the depth of products across key categories within Toys, fashion, home & gifts.
Overall this role is to evaluate the licensee base to ensure focused and strategic planning to support growth across categories through new & existing licensees agreements whilst creatively being an expert in fashion product development by identifying key trends to understand what is commercial for the business.
The responsibility of this Commercial Head of Buying /Category position –
- A expertise in fashion & product development through all channels. Products include clothing, handbags, accessories, underwear and outerwear.
- At a senior level able to negotiate contracts & costs and terms of business
- Using key trends, commercial and consumer insight to develop and drive the strategy.
- Identify, pitch and secure new licensees that enhance the category growth
- In charge of all margins & sales targets.
- Manage the annual operating plan & forecasting process.
- Developing supplier (Licensee) objectives and Service level agreements (SLA’s) to drive growth.
- Working hand in hand in markets, consumer groups, category teams, franchise, marketing, & product development.
- Communicate the ILS & make sure that all supplier’s meet the approved and essential suppler standards required.
To be successful in this Head of Category/Licensing position this includes –
Extensive experience within a Buying or Category experience ideally form a retail, supplier or manufacturer within a fashion either Womenswear, Menswear, Childrenswear or Shoes & Accessories.
- Experience in Licensee fashion and understanding of the licensing process and negotiation.
- Will suit a candidate from a buying, licensee, product development or commercial fashion, sports or retail environment
- You must be operating at a Head of /Senior/ Category Lead or Director level.
- Experience at operating at a senior level and managing multiple stakeholders
- Have experience of taking new products to market
- Dealt with negotiating with suppliers & manufacturers and dealing with margins
This is initially a 12 month contract but with the strong possibility of a permanent appointment after. You will be offered full benefits across the term including generous holiday, bonus and pension contributions. In return you will be working for a market leading retailer and brand and with an multichannel presence. They offer a very autonomous environment with the opportunity to add value in an international global brand in the license trade. If you feel this will be the right opportunity for you please send your cv quoting the reference JO-1812-105639 .
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.