Grocery Account Manager (Fresh Produce)
| | |
Quest have an amazing opportunity for a Grocery Account Manager (Fresh Produce) to join a leading Food Producer to work with a one of their biggest Grocery Accounts.
Our client have a rich reputation for producing top quality, ethically sourced and organic products across a diverse range of categories (Meats, Poultry, Dairy, Fresh (Fruits and Vegetables) and more. This is a great opportunity for someone with an indepth understanding of the market, and has experience working with leading (top 4) grocery chains in the UK.
The Grocery Account Manager (Fresh Produce) will act as the key point of contact for customer Buying teams ensuring all SLAs & fulfilment targets are met across all categories (Dairy/Chilled/Fresh/Meat). You’ll be responsible for ensuring accurate forecasting across a wide range of categories, maximising sales opportunities with promotional activity. This role will drive the ongoing growth of our food retail presence online.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Account managing the retail partner accounts ensuring all SLA and Fulfilment targets are met
- Deliver the sales and profit plan for the accounts
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Carrying out regular forecasting of sales
- Develop a strong understanding of promotions and extensively analyse their success to assist clients with future planning
- Dealing with customers day to day, presenting new lines, negotiating costs etc.
- Ensuring customers accounts are settled on time and dealing with claims and rejections
- Manage budgets and track performance, reporting back with action plans to optimise and deliver the sales plan
The Skills and Experience Required
To be successful in your application for the Grocery Account Manager (Fresh Produce) you will have:
- At least 3 years of experience as a National Account Manager working with or for a large national food retailer with a proven track record of sales growth with Buying
- Experience working with or for a large national food retailer (top 6 grocers) with a proven track record of sales growth
- Experience within the fresh, produce, chilled or meat categories would be advantageous
- Strong commercial acumen with successful in key negotiations with new clients and strategically developing existing key accounts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent numeric and analytical skill is a must
The role offers a competitive salary between £48,000 – £60,000 dependent experience. Our client offer a whole host perks including:
- Bonus scheme
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + 8 bank holidays)
- Company discount
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Discounted lunches
- Travel Allowance
The role will require regular travel between Central London and the Cotswold and would suit someone based around around London, the home counties, Reading, Oxfordshire and Cotswolds. To find out more about this role contact Jay Thandi
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.