Graduate Procurement Buyer – Food
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are partnering with this leading supply chain & food procurement organisation based in the UK. Their clients will include foodservice sites and hospitality partners who would purchase food, ingredients and everything in-between! This business work closely with their clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and offering a unique purchasing power as their suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to local providers.
The responsibilities of this Graduate/Entry-Level Buyer vacancy –
- To assist the Category Lead to proactively manage the supply base to drive buying efficiencies.
- To work closely with existing clients to identify and understand their business requirements.
- Ensures the safe and ethical sourcing of great products and services
- Dealing with any suppliers, management enquiries
- To work collaboratively with the Supply Chain team
- Category supports across supplier agreements and terms
- Research on innovation, competitor analysis of products and prices.
- Assist on ad-hoc projects
- Assisting the category and marketing team regarding any promotional launches and campaigns
- To assist in driving the revenue and profit performance of their clients
- To develop strong relationships both internal and external stakeholders.
The experience required for this Graduate/Entry-level Buying position –
- You must be a Graduate calibre with experience in a commercial environment
- Has experience with Buying, Supply Cain Purchasing or Procurement experience within a foodservice, manufacturing or retail environment
- Has or working towards CIPS is ideal but not essential
- You must be a good communicator that is confident to deal with internal stakeholder including stakeholders from their holding company and external clients.
- Analytical in your approach and be able to happy to deal with trading reports
- Intermediate to Advance Excel skillset
What is it for you if successful in this Buying role –
This is a great opportunity to work for a £Billion industry with growth for the right calibre individual who are in their infancy Buying or procurement career. In addition to the support, training, they offer –
- bonus potential,
- flexible working (including working from home)
- 25 days holidays.
If this sounds like you, please apply today quoting the reference – JO-1911-107294
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.