Flagship General Store Manager
| | |
Quest Search and Selection is working with this multi-channel, multi-product company that is a mixed-goods, destination retailer that has been established for over 150 years.
This retailer has everything under one roof including, food, home, fashion, garden & DIY and is looking for an individual who has managed large footprint and customer centric where there are a number of departments under the one roof.
Key Responsibilities as a General Store Manager role is:
Through your inspirational leadership that you lead and engage your management team to take responsible for the commercial, sales and standards of the branch
- Fully accountable for all stock and stock rotation
- This being a flagship store it’s important that you are well versed to Director and Stakeholder store visits
- You will be fully accountable of a team of over 100 people
- Turnover experience between 3.5 million – 10 million
- That you are managing via a department and Floor Manager teams.
- That you take full accountability of the P&L and EBITDA of the store.
- To be responsible for coordinating local recruitment efforts for all General Assistant to Department/Deputy Manager level roles ensuring a proactive approach in advertising in-store, on social media channels and via HR.
- To carry out audits and risk assessments to all relevant aspects of the business and to ensure that tasks have been delegated to staff effectively.
- To ensure the best premium customer service is met by setting Customer Loyalty targets daily and ensure that they are being reviewed weekly.
- To be responsible for managing the store’s overheads within the framework of the budget including staffing, maintenance, training, and any other related cost control.
- Competitor store visits for other retailers
Experience needed for this General Store Manager include:
- Have worked previously or currently as a General Store Manager, Centre Manager or Area Manager
- Must have worked in a premier, flagship or high-profile store
- Must have exception stakeholder management experience
- If you have current or previous Garden centre experience this will be ideal but not essential
- Backgrounds the retailer will consider either Department Store, Fashion, Food, Homewares, DIY or Garden Centre environments
- This store is based in the Gloucestershire area so you must be able to drive.
- Strong leadership skills where you can lead and engage a number of Department Managers, Supervisors and a Deputy to allow smooth running of the operation.
- You must have a track record of success within key stores in the business
- Someone who can work independently and successfully in an autonomous retail environment
This is a business that has growth plans and investment that is looking to grow extensively over the next 2-3 years. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a real passion for retail and driving a premium shopping experience for their customers in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive base salary, bonus potential, LTIP holidays, contributory pension and private healthcare. If this opportunity sounds like youplease send your cv quoting the reference JO-2003-107894
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.