Financial Analyst – Food
| | |
This FMCG retailer is looking for a Commercial/Retail Analyst to support the Finance & Trading teams on the business growth & also be instrumental in providing data and analysis for all aspects of financial and commercial decision making.
The role will be an analyst on trading, promotions, sales forecasting and customer spend to assist the CD with forecasting and budgeting for the range. You will have an understanding on the supplier agreements, sourcing strategy & category budgets which will have an effect on the margin and sales reporting on the categories.
The company has invested infrastructure and expertise for their expanding retail stores and it’s an exciting time to join a fast-paced, retail environment .
The roles and responsibilities of this Analyst role include –
- Partner with the Category & trading team in providing support, challenge and insight in all aspects of financial and commercial decision making.
- Understanding of current financial performance & evaluating sales/gross margin performance by Category/Store.
- Support the Commercial Director with analysis on margin, promotions, sales and forecasting
- Support the Group Finance Dept heads with month end analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- To provide enhanced Financial Control .
- To carry out other ad-hoc duties as required by the Finance Director or Buying Director
Required Qualifications, Qualities & Experience needed for this Commercial Analyst position –
- Experience within a commercial FMCG or retail environment
- This role with suit a Retail, Financial or Stock Analyst or Merchandiser background who is used to manipulating data to understand the business, present the data and to drive performance.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to communicate key messages to the trading team from financial data.
- Ability to investigate, and resolve issues
- Proactive with strong communication skills
- If you come from a finance background you maybe part qualified, or qualified by experience.
- Proficient Excel Microsoft Office Applications to manipulate data to present to managers and stakeholders
This role will be situated to an individual who going over and above for their team, is hands on and can be proud to deliver for their team and business. Other benefits of this position includes a lucrative bonuses (profit related), pension & private healthcare.
If the role is suitable to your skills commercial and professionally please apply today quoting the reference JO-1812-105628.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.