Financial Accountant – Retail
| | |
This multi-product retailer looking for a Financial Accountant to support their business growth & be instrumental to the wider leadership team. This company has the local knowledge, infrastructure and expertise for their expanding retail stores estate and it’s an exciting time to join a fast-paced, retail environment.
This leadership role is focused on the statutory accounts, optimising the cash position of the business and monitoring costs.
Please note this company is proactively targeting people on the mainland UK who are open to relocation as this role is based in Jersey.
The roles and responsibilities of the position include –
- Timely preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Balance sheet control account reconciliations
- Preparation of Interim and Annual Accounts and Reports
- Preparation of timely and accurate cash flow forecasts and capital reporting
- Line management of 2 Assistant Accountants to assist.
- Management of the interim and annual audit processes
- Liaise with third party tax advisor on tax returns and ensure tax compliance across the business
- Responsible for budgets, forecasts and monthly reporting purposes
- Updating daily cash flow and prepare monthly cash/bank
- Responsible for the integrity of the fixed assets
- Assisting with the integration of the financial reporting for any
- Required Qualifications, Qualities needed for this financial accountant role –
- Established Financial, Statutory, Management Accountant or FP &A.
- Qualified as ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Accountancy within a Retail, customer facing or commercial business is essential
- Experience of preparing statutory financial statements
- Knowledge of FRS102
- Open to relocation
- Ability to investigate, negotiate and resolve issues and get to the root cause of anomalies.
Relocating to the Channel Islands represents a fantastic opportunity and lifestyle that you perhaps cannot obtain in the UK; lower tax rate and social security (on average an extra 4-6k per annum compared to the UK!) This is one of the sunniest places in the British Isles & as VAT has not been levied in the Channel, luxury goods have often been cheaper than in the UK or in France.
Though they appreciate that this is a big move they are very committed in making the relocation and on-boarding as seamless as possible. They will book initial hotel bookings & flights and you will receive full visa to work on the island. They will also assist with relocation costings to help you find a property. Other benefits include bonuses (profit related), pension, private healthcare and staff discount.
If the role is suitable to your needs & you re open for a change of scenery! If this opportunity sounds of interest, please send your CV quoting the reference JO-2104-108929.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.