Ecommerce Category Director
| | |
Quest are proud to be working with one of the largest global retailers looking for an Ecommerce Category Director to build and develop their Digital Retail Food/Grocery division in the UAE.
Our client are an internationally recognised leader within retail, looking to enhance their digital offering.
This role will suit an Ecommerce Category Director who has extensive experience within FMCG Food, Grocery or other Retail Food sectors.
The Ecommerce Category Director (Retail Food, /FMCG, Dubai) is responsible for creating the Merchandising and Buying strategy for the Digital Food division.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a vision and strategy for own division which is aligned to the corporate strategy
- Working closely with the e-Commerce team including marketing, product and UX to ensure that merchandise layout and product information is correct to maximise sales
- Ability to use google analytics to review and track the user journey, conversion rates and page performance
- Propose plans to increase profitability and productivity in the merchandising and buying function
- Analyse and benchmark their Retail Omnichannel performance to the market and develop areas of improvement
- Oversee the development of new NPD for products and the planogram and execution in stores
- Identify new sourcing countries and develop an organizational structure, assess whether a local office is needed
- Review the entire process of Private Label development including quality aspects, setting up processes and standards
- Conduct and oversee all international negotiations of high-level FMCG agreements
- Standardise the sourcing strategy across & implement best practices
- Developing succession plans across the entire Merchandising function to make sure that there is proactive growth in the team
- Oversee the application of the merchandise plan and ensure its consistency with national strategy
- Drive the on-going review of merchandising systems and processes to ensure their relevance
- Effectiveness and flexibility to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business
- Shaping best in class practices within the division and across the business.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in your application for the Ecommerce Category Director (Retail Food, /FMCG, Dubai) position you will be operating at a similar level with an FMCG Supermarket, FMCG Food Brand or other related Retail Food sectors.
You will have atleast:
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role
- 5+ years in retail Offline experience (Buying and Merchandising)
- 5+ years in retail e-Commerce environment or worked closely with the e-Commerce merchandising team and have a strong understanding/knowledge
- Food or FMCG experience essential
The role will be ideal for someone with extensive Trading experience, who has successfully grown retail food and wholesale digital categories for either leading FMCG Foods Brands or National Supermarkets.
You must have experience of owning the delivery of the on and offline strategy and managing P&L’s.
The right person will have extensive experience working with senior internal stakeholders and leading large teams through direct reports and succession planning.
The role will be based in the UAE, is tax-free with relocation support. Our client has a preference for someone with European or North American experience.
For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.