Ecommerce Buyer – Food, Gifting & Homewares
| | |
Quest Search & Selection are currently partnering with this heritage retailer & establishment with only 70 years’ experience . The business is currently pushing the boundaries for their online offering and keen for a E-commerce Buyer to join their team.
This is a new role which is part of the Commercial function to the forming and developing new and existing supplier relationship to produce a range that is commercial, and customer focused. This business sells everything from grocery, entertainment & gifting products in a DTC website than required subscription to their service.
The roles & responsibilities of this Buyer role –
- To be involved with the negotiations with suppliers and reviewing of terms
- Your KPI’s will be around product availability, cost control and margin delivery.
- Be involved with new product categories and working towards a critical path timeline
- Accountable for the proactive sourcing, procurement, selection, and development of products
- Accountable for monitoring and reflecting appropriate high street trends across the UK & Europe and doing comp shops
- Working with analytics regarding producing the optimum buying capability regarding range and margin management
- Responsible for effective and timely communication and working closely and in collaboration with trading managers across all territories to maximise product availability.
- Managing the balance between locally and centrally sourced products.
To be successful in this Buyer position, you must have –
- You’ll be an experienced Buyer, Category planner within Retail ideally in fast-paced consumer environment.
- Ideally has experience in Food,E-Commerce or Gifting.
- Has experience in supplier relationships including account handling, negotiating and buying.
- Has experience in influencing, persuading & negotiating internally and externally.
- Has expertise or knowledge of e-commerce systems and processes.
The Benefits of this Buyer role are –
- Free parking
- Lucrative bonus potential
If you have the right qualifications and keen to be part of this business please apply today by quoting the reference
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.