Director of Buying
| | |
Quest Search & Selection has recently partnered with an international omnichannel retail business that is looking to recruit a Buying Director within their Food category.
In this Buying Director position, you will be responsible for delivering long term targets through the management of pricing and gross margin. You will also be required to drive sales, profitably, through the delivery of effective promotions, range development, and NPD.
Responsibilities of this Buying Director role –
- Transform business strategies and policies into planned activities to achieve the budgeted revenue and profit growth.
- Utilize commercial judgment to create, evaluate, and execute agreed-to plans.
- Manage our commercial relationships with our major partners.
- Responsible for the effective and timely implementation of key projects.
- Develop and manage the ranging process through robust category management, including regular reviews of space vs. sales at the store level.
- Assure that the trading team is connected and engaged with the operations function/stores properly, in order to ensure that they both receive the level of communication and support that is necessary for effective trade.
- Responsible for negotiating contracts as well as managing the logistics function
- Provide efficient logistics support, and resolve issues, with close coordination with the logistics function, and third-party retail partners.
To be successful in this Buying Director role –
- Proven track record at a Category, Buying or Trading Head of Director or Senior Management level.
- Must have current or previous grocer experience – ideally from the top 7 Grocers.
- Have a track record of building and driving forwards a commercial category.
- Led and developed a team of Senior/Buying Manager levels.
- Possesses a strong commercial instinct.
- Has a great balance across the perceived leadership behaviours that will be complimentary in delivering commercial success whilst adhering to the customer requirements.
- Ability to work in a complex and fast-moving environment, simplifying messages and playing a significant ‘shaping role’ within the bigger business.
- This role is based on the south coast so would suit someone in the Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex, or Dorset location.
Benefits that are included in this Buying Director position –
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Lucrative Bonus up to 30%
- Car Allowance.
- Contributory Pension.
- Free parking.
- 25 days holiday.
If you feel that this opportunity is the right level for your development, please send your CV today quoting the reference JO-2111-109557 to Adriane@questsearch.co.uk
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.